Monday, August 22, 2011

A2DP Volume A2.1 version

I really want this old version to just go away. I have no desire to support 2 versions. I only created this to cover folks as they were struck on Android 2.1 and complained A2DP Volume was written for 2.2 and up. Below is the current distribution of the old Android 2.1 version of A2DP volume.

a2dp.Vol21
1Android 2.243.4% (334)
2Android 2.135.3% (272)
3Android 2.3.320.1% (155)
4Android 2.30.3% (2)

Only 35% of the users are on 2.1 still. I presume that most of these are just people who installed it before they got the 2.2 upgrade. I suppose it could be a bunch of new installs too. So, today I released a new version of the old app A2dp.Vol21. This time I marked the min and max API version as 7. This means it will only show up on the market for people with Android 2.1. This should eliminate installs on Android 2.2 and later. While I was at it, I removed all other language support since these old translations were done by Google Translate and were bad. So, at least if you are stuck with Android 2.1 you are no longer stuck with the bad translations.

Please, if you have Android 2.2 or higher do not install this old version (A2DP Volume A2.1 version). Instead, install the latest version from Android Market (Simply A2DP Volume).

No comments:

Post a Comment