Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Replaced ugly icons

My daughter finally had it with my ugly icons and made all new ones for A2DP Volume and A2DP Connect.  I had found those old icon parts on a quick web search and then rescaled them.  This left JPG noise and shadow effects in therm.  Bottom line: they were terrible. She created new ones from scratch.  I also had not optimized them properly for various screens.  This bloated the app and added negative value in terms of icon quality.  Removing all the extra graphics, and a few other improvements found my Android Lint resulted in 55kb reduction in the APK file. 

Here is the latest snapshot from the Play Store developer console






A2DP Connect has only been out a few days.  I will leave the Android 2.1 version of A2DP Volume out there a bit longer but it will eventually be retired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment