Monday, December 24, 2012

Work in IM integration starting again

I implemented a message receiver in A2DP Volume version 2.9.0 and up (not yet released).  I documented it here: http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/wiki/Interfaces.  I also tested it with some test code in A2DP Volume Chat.  Now other apps can use this interface to alert via text-to-stream while a device is connected.  So far I got the A2DP Volume changes working and tested.  Now I need to get A2DP Volume Chat working.  I am having trouble with receiving IM messages.  It can send but not receive.   Ironic since it does not even need to send IM's.  I also have issues with instability with A2DP Volume Chat so far.  It will connect to the server and log in the user fine.  Sometimes however, it seems to randomly crash right when the app initially starts or shortly after login. It's very inconsistent and works most of the time.  I am leveraging a hacked version of Smack for the IM client and I suspect there are gremlins in there.  I may need to get more creative and instead make my own XMPP implementation.  I hate to do that if it is not completely necessary though.  Anyone want to help out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment